About ITS Pennsylvania
As an official State Chapter of the Intelligent Transportation Society of America, ITS Pennsylvania (ITSPA) is a society of professionals dedicated to the development and deployment of Intelligent Transportation Systems in Pennsylvania. Originally formed in 1995 and rejuvenated in 2003, ITSPA is a volunteer society of more than 50 organizations, consisting of:
- Public transportation agencies
- Mass transit agencies
- Private consultant, integration, manufacturer, and vendor companies
- Academic institutions and research centers
While our members have diverse organizational goals, they share a common mission through ITS Pennsylvania.
ITSPA will be the “go to” organization in Pennsylvania on the engagement, education, and influence of all transportation technology and operational implementations to promote a safer, more mobile, and highly productive Commonwealth.
Areas of Focus
- Engage more non-civil engineering members (Uber, Waze, etc.), student, academia, and transit.
- Add one transit and one freight member to ITSPA
- Determine the largest freight/logistics companies in PA and engage them
- Facilitate/Educate legislators and student to better promote the benefits of ITS operations/deployments.
- Establish a working relationship with ACEC
- Be more involved as an organization with the Transportation Engineering and Safety Conference. Have our own session.
- Provide an opportunity for workforce development
- Engage ten students
- Provide for ITSPA mentorship/internship program
- Have a minimum of two schools in each geographic region that we routinely meet with twice a year to discuss ITS and operations